For many, its been crucial when moving to a new duty station or finding a forever home.
However, todays housing market isnt doing our service members any favors if the VA loan process isnt widely understood.
What You Need To Know
- VA loan confusion is causing a disadvantage for veterans when it comes to buying a home
- A Tampa realtor says there are three big misconceptions when it comes to using the VA loan:
- The seller has to pay the buyers closing costs
- The appraisal is difficult
- The VA loan takes longer to close
- None of these are true
In todays aggressive real estate climate, if an agent isnt well versed in the VA loan process it can backfire for our veterans based on how the agent educates their sellers.
Sunny Alexander is a Tampa realtor.